/| Mario Kart PC |\

The problem with MKPC

smile

Page : 

Messages 1563 - Golden Mario Golden Mario
vs9565 pts ★ Expert
battle5000 pts ★ Novice
United States
Coopa2-64 wrote:
FieryToad wrote:
4 words: Human decency and maturity (I know those are actually 6 words if you think about it but let’s not say that because that’s the least of our worries rn) All of them are gone now. Reduced to atoms. Human decency is gone because people keep spamming the n word on online chat and there’s been a DDOS attack and people just being racist + homophobic overall. And then maturity is gone because, oh my god do NOT get me STARTED on how much spam there is on the forums. I would go batshit insane if that’s all we get for the next few years.

swear filter maybe?
ryubix doesnt give a shit about ppl asking to remove the swear filter in the discord, so maybe we should add it here?

If There Is One, I Hope It Isn't Like the Roblox One

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7c6gA-ehYWo/maxresdefault.jpg

What
https://i.postimg.cc/g0dSDvjy/Dissapointed-Dry-Bones.jpg
Messages 3868 - King Mario King Mario
vs13934 pts ★ Champion
battle5368 pts ★ Novice
Algeria
FieryToad wrote:
4 words: Human decency and maturity (I know those are actually 6 words if you think about it but let’s not say that because that’s the least of our worries rn) All of them are gone now. Reduced to atoms. Human decency is gone because people keep spamming the n word on online chat and there’s been a DDOS attack and people just being racist + homophobic overall. And then maturity is gone because, oh my god do NOT get me STARTED on how much spam there is on the forums. I would go batshit insane if that’s all we get for the next few years.

swear filter maybe?
ryubix doesnt give a shit about ppl asking to remove the swear filter in the discord, so maybe we should add it here?

If it’s just for online, I agree. If for forums, it should be limited to things like the r word, n word, stuff like that.
thumbsup3
clap1
Messages 491 - Metal Luigi Metal Luigi
vs4978 pts ★ Budding pilot
battle5000 pts ★ Novice
United States
Coopa2-64 wrote:
FieryToad wrote:
4 words: Human decency and maturity (I know those are actually 6 words if you think about it but let’s not say that because that’s the least of our worries rn) All of them are gone now. Reduced to atoms. Human decency is gone because people keep spamming the n word on online chat and there’s been a DDOS attack and people just being racist + homophobic overall. And then maturity is gone because, oh my god do NOT get me STARTED on how much spam there is on the forums. I would go batshit insane if that’s all we get for the next few years.

swear filter maybe?
ryubix doesnt give a shit about ppl asking to remove the swear filter in the discord, so maybe we should add it here?

If There Is One, I Hope It Isn't Like the Roblox One

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7c6gA-ehYWo/maxresdefault.jpg

Don’t you know pog can be very inappropriate because if you replace the g with an s then i could stand for piece of shit
Messages 1038 - Golden Mario Golden Mario
vs29534 pts ★ Legend
battle6835 pts ★ Racer
Australia
Coopa2-64 wrote:
FieryToad wrote:
4 words: Human decency and maturity (I know those are actually 6 words if you think about it but let’s not say that because that’s the least of our worries rn) All of them are gone now. Reduced to atoms. Human decency is gone because people keep spamming the n word on online chat and there’s been a DDOS attack and people just being racist + homophobic overall. And then maturity is gone because, oh my god do NOT get me STARTED on how much spam there is on the forums. I would go batshit insane if that’s all we get for the next few years.

swear filter maybe?
ryubix doesnt give a shit about ppl asking to remove the swear filter in the discord, so maybe we should add it here?

If There Is One, I Hope It Isn't Like the Roblox One

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7c6gA-ehYWo/maxresdefault.jpg



Don't worry we aren't as bad as roblox moderation and won't ban you for saying pog ;)
thumbsup5
Messages 11139 - King Mario King Mario
vs35065 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
Ssg-132 wrote:
Coopa2-64 wrote:
FieryToad wrote:
4 words: Human decency and maturity (I know those are actually 6 words if you think about it but let’s not say that because that’s the least of our worries rn) All of them are gone now. Reduced to atoms. Human decency is gone because people keep spamming the n word on online chat and there’s been a DDOS attack and people just being racist + homophobic overall. And then maturity is gone because, oh my god do NOT get me STARTED on how much spam there is on the forums. I would go batshit insane if that’s all we get for the next few years.

swear filter maybe?
ryubix doesnt give a shit about ppl asking to remove the swear filter in the discord, so maybe we should add it here?

If There Is One, I Hope It Isn't Like the Roblox One

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7c6gA-ehYWo/maxresdefault.jpg

Don’t you know pog can be very inappropriate because if you replace the g with an s then i could stand for piece of shit

Yes but it becomes s*g, so it's not pog...
Technically it's like saying "sock or duck are inappropriate because you could replace the first letters with something else and it would stand for something... different"
Messages 491 - Metal Luigi Metal Luigi
vs4978 pts ★ Budding pilot
battle5000 pts ★ Novice
United States
Lely wrote:
Ssg-132 wrote:
Coopa2-64 wrote:
FieryToad wrote:
4 words: Human decency and maturity (I know those are actually 6 words if you think about it but let’s not say that because that’s the least of our worries rn) All of them are gone now. Reduced to atoms. Human decency is gone because people keep spamming the n word on online chat and there’s been a DDOS attack and people just being racist + homophobic overall. And then maturity is gone because, oh my god do NOT get me STARTED on how much spam there is on the forums. I would go batshit insane if that’s all we get for the next few years.

swear filter maybe?
ryubix doesnt give a shit about ppl asking to remove the swear filter in the discord, so maybe we should add it here?

If There Is One, I Hope It Isn't Like the Roblox One

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7c6gA-ehYWo/maxresdefault.jpg

Don’t you know pog can be very inappropriate because if you replace the g with an s then i could stand for piece of shit

Yes but it becomes s*g, so it's not pog...
Technically it's like saying "sock or duck are inappropriate because you could replace the first letters with something else and it would stand for something... different"

Its supposed to be a joke making fun of roblox moderation
surprised1
sweat1
P
Messages 14 - Koopa Koopa
Hello everyone,

i may be arrived just a fews days ago, but... I'd like to put here my opinion on the BIGGEST problems of MKPC.

1) All of the applications for expanding game like for: Youtube, Wikipedia and moderation are completely dead when this is supposed to be the perfect time to reopen them; now i know this is NOT an official game and it's ok that it's not that much popular like every other MK game but just even try to give a chance to who just found out the game and is willing to help the game become bigger.

2) I'm sorry to say it but the topics are so MESSED UP; what i'm saying is that there's literally hundreds of topics where people literally write useless things and MORE people complains about all new things that happens, that's not cool you know...

3) Rules? Admins? Do they like exist here?

4) I'll accept ALL the next replies that will appear here BUT PLEASE DON'T BE TOXIC! That's the worst thing that can appear in communities.

I don't have solutions to improve for now, but if you like want help from me I'll do my best.

Thanks for reading.
thumbsup1
Messages 11139 - King Mario King Mario
vs35065 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
pgcvg wrote:
Hello everyone,

i may be arrived just a fews days ago, but... I'd like to put here my opinion on the BIGGEST problems of MKPC.

1) All of the applications for expanding game like for: Youtube, Wikipedia and moderation are completely dead when this is supposed to be the perfect time to reopen them; now i know this is NOT an official game and it's ok that it's not that much popular like every other MK game but just even try to give a chance to who just found out the game and is willing to help the game become bigger.

2) I'm sorry to say it but the topics are so MESSED UP; what i'm saying is that there's literally hundreds of topics where people literally write useless things and MORE people complains about all new things that happens, that's not cool you know...

3) Rules? Admins? Do they like exist here?

4) I'll accept ALL the next replies that will appear here BUT PLEASE DON'T BE TOXIC! That's the worst thing that can appear in communities.

I don't have solutions to improve for now, but if you like want help from me I'll do my best.

Thanks for reading.

Rules and admins do exist, actually they've lately been criticized for being dumb and obsolete while I think they aren't. I agree, topics are useless. Most of them are uninteresting. However
I feel like it will come back with spring. And about the website, do not make it bigger ! It could get striked. Anyways, I do agree with some of your points. However, it would be good to calmly discuss with everyone that this debate is about. I mean, some people are complaining about people being against useless messages and revives, things that were literally to avoid before, nobody thought it was a bad thing, and it was for the greater good.
And most of people KNOW who I'm talking about.
thumbsup1
Messages 5047 - King Mario King Mario
vs37852 pts ★ Legend
battle16626 pts ★ Master
Nepal
pgcvg wrote:
Hello everyone,

i may be arrived just a fews days ago, but... I'd like to put here my opinion on the BIGGEST problems of MKPC.

1) All of the applications for expanding game like for: Youtube, Wikipedia and moderation are completely dead when this is supposed to be the perfect time to reopen them; now i know this is NOT an official game and it's ok that it's not that much popular like every other MK game but just even try to give a chance to who just found out the game and is willing to help the game become bigger.

2) I'm sorry to say it but the topics are so MESSED UP; what i'm saying is that there's literally hundreds of topics where people literally write useless things and MORE people complains about all new things that happens, that's not cool you know...

3) Rules? Admins? Do they like exist here?

4) I'll accept ALL the next replies that will appear here BUT PLEASE DON'T BE TOXIC! That's the worst thing that can appear in communities.

I don't have solutions to improve for now, but if you like want help from me I'll do my best.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah its too late to say that. But that true. A big part of the community is very young. And that very common to see someone very young that didn't read the rules. Like I don't have to say the name. For the rules, they exist, I think you might say that not every people respect it?
Messages 11139 - King Mario King Mario
vs35065 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
pgcvg wrote:
Hello everyone,

i may be arrived just a fews days ago, but... I'd like to put here my opinion on the BIGGEST problems of MKPC.

1) All of the applications for expanding game like for: Youtube, Wikipedia and moderation are completely dead when this is supposed to be the perfect time to reopen them; now i know this is NOT an official game and it's ok that it's not that much popular like every other MK game but just even try to give a chance to who just found out the game and is willing to help the game become bigger.

2) I'm sorry to say it but the topics are so MESSED UP; what i'm saying is that there's literally hundreds of topics where people literally write useless things and MORE people complains about all new things that happens, that's not cool you know...

3) Rules? Admins? Do they like exist here?

4) I'll accept ALL the next replies that will appear here BUT PLEASE DON'T BE TOXIC! That's the worst thing that can appear in communities.

I don't have solutions to improve for now, but if you like want help from me I'll do my best.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah its too late to say that. But that true. A big part of the community is very young. And that very common to see someone very young that didn't read the rules. Like I don't have to say the name. For the rules, they exist, I think you might say that not every people respect it?

Reading the rules is something everyone should have done, yes. But knowing the rules in the slightest aspect isn't necessary. And again useless messages are subjective most of the time. Actually, what I think useless messages are messages that aren't funny and add nothing to the conversation.
thumbsup1
P
Messages 14 - Koopa Koopa
pgcvg wrote:
Hello everyone,

i may be arrived just a fews days ago, but... I'd like to put here my opinion on the BIGGEST problems of MKPC.

1) All of the applications for expanding game like for: Youtube, Wikipedia and moderation are completely dead when this is supposed to be the perfect time to reopen them; now i know this is NOT an official game and it's ok that it's not that much popular like every other MK game but just even try to give a chance to who just found out the game and is willing to help the game become bigger.

2) I'm sorry to say it but the topics are so MESSED UP; what i'm saying is that there's literally hundreds of topics where people literally write useless things and MORE people complains about all new things that happens, that's not cool you know...

3) Rules? Admins? Do they like exist here?

4) I'll accept ALL the next replies that will appear here BUT PLEASE DON'T BE TOXIC! That's the worst thing that can appear in communities.

I don't have solutions to improve for now, but if you like want help from me I'll do my best.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah its too late to say that. But that true. A big part of the community is very young. And that very common to see someone very young that didn't read the rules. Like I don't have to say the name. For the rules, they exist, I think you might say that not every people respect it?


In my opinion rules should be the FIRST thing that need to appear on forums and since i didn't saw anything yet (even in official topics) i can't say i had read the rules you know...

*EDIT* My bad i actually found rules on official topics but still like they're not in the right place...
Messages 11139 - King Mario King Mario
vs35065 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
pgcvg wrote:
pgcvg wrote:
Hello everyone,

i may be arrived just a fews days ago, but... I'd like to put here my opinion on the BIGGEST problems of MKPC.

1) All of the applications for expanding game like for: Youtube, Wikipedia and moderation are completely dead when this is supposed to be the perfect time to reopen them; now i know this is NOT an official game and it's ok that it's not that much popular like every other MK game but just even try to give a chance to who just found out the game and is willing to help the game become bigger.

2) I'm sorry to say it but the topics are so MESSED UP; what i'm saying is that there's literally hundreds of topics where people literally write useless things and MORE people complains about all new things that happens, that's not cool you know...

3) Rules? Admins? Do they like exist here?

4) I'll accept ALL the next replies that will appear here BUT PLEASE DON'T BE TOXIC! That's the worst thing that can appear in communities.

I don't have solutions to improve for now, but if you like want help from me I'll do my best.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah its too late to say that. But that true. A big part of the community is very young. And that very common to see someone very young that didn't read the rules. Like I don't have to say the name. For the rules, they exist, I think you might say that not every people respect it?


In my opinion rules should be the FIRST thing that need to appear on forums and since i didn't saw anything yet (even in official topics) i can't say i had read the rules you know...

I do understand your point of view, but shoving the rules in the face of someone who just arrived sounds a bit brutal. Maybe I should continue the guide I made back then and do a part about that. Tbh I think it's one of the first things you need to read, like you can surf around for 2 minutes and look what it's like and then read the rules after a couple of minutes.
P
Messages 14 - Koopa Koopa
Lely wrote:
pgcvg wrote:
pgcvg wrote:
Hello everyone,

i may be arrived just a fews days ago, but... I'd like to put here my opinion on the BIGGEST problems of MKPC.

1) All of the applications for expanding game like for: Youtube, Wikipedia and moderation are completely dead when this is supposed to be the perfect time to reopen them; now i know this is NOT an official game and it's ok that it's not that much popular like every other MK game but just even try to give a chance to who just found out the game and is willing to help the game become bigger.

2) I'm sorry to say it but the topics are so MESSED UP; what i'm saying is that there's literally hundreds of topics where people literally write useless things and MORE people complains about all new things that happens, that's not cool you know...

3) Rules? Admins? Do they like exist here?

4) I'll accept ALL the next replies that will appear here BUT PLEASE DON'T BE TOXIC! That's the worst thing that can appear in communities.

I don't have solutions to improve for now, but if you like want help from me I'll do my best.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah its too late to say that. But that true. A big part of the community is very young. And that very common to see someone very young that didn't read the rules. Like I don't have to say the name. For the rules, they exist, I think you might say that not every people respect it?


In my opinion rules should be the FIRST thing that need to appear on forums and since i didn't saw anything yet (even in official topics) i can't say i had read the rules you know...

I do understand your point of view, but shoving the rules in the face of someone who just arrived sounds a bit brutal. Maybe I should continue the guide I made back then and do a part about that. Tbh I think it's one of the first things you need to read, like you can surf around for 2 minutes and look what it's like and then read the rules after a couple of minutes.


Ok it's a good idea, but if this guy already do damage in those 2 minutes before reading rules problems will just always appear.
And I've saw in some topics that people constantly complains about rules that are too much outdated.
thumbsup1
Messages 996 - Mario Mario
vs40823 pts ★ Titan
battle13642 pts ★ Champion
France
For information we heard your complaints in this topic ;)
We're still not sure about the idea of hiring new moderators without Discord, as it could make communications difficult. But we're keeping the idea if we find it becomes necessary.

In the meantime we're working on a way to reduce moderation issues and make moderation actions more efficient. We've already changed 2 things:
- Emphasize more the rules of the forum, there is now a link to the topic directly in forum homepage. And I've added a custom code so that all new members see a message inviting them to read the rules before sending their 1st message (see spoiler).
Spoiler [ShowHide]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/704406562541666476/1081968194681581598/Capture_decran_2023-03-05_a_16.49.26.png

We've also updated the rules themselves as they were a bit outdated.

- Added a report button directly in the forum! You can click it at the top right of every message that you find inappropriate. Moderators will be able to see all reports in a page and take action accordingly. This should be more convenient than the current manual report process in discord.
If this works well we will extend this feature to report tracks, comments messages in online chat and so on.

Hopefully our efforts will help make MKPC a better and safer place 🤞🏽
thumbsup8
clap8
innocent6
smile5
Messages 1977 - Golden Mario Golden Mario
vs17790 pts ★ Master
battle8812 pts ★ Expert
Gambia
Wargor wrote:
For information we heard your complaints in this topic ;)
We're still not sure about the idea of hiring new moderators without Discord, as it could make communications difficult. But we're keeping the idea if we find it becomes necessary.

In the meantime we're working on a way to reduce moderation issues and make moderation actions more efficient. We've already changed 2 things:
- Emphasize more the rules of the forum, there is now a link to the topic directly in forum homepage. And I've added a custom code so that all new members see a message inviting them to read the rules before sending their 1st message (see spoiler).
Spoiler [ShowHide]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/704406562541666476/1081968194681581598/Capture_decran_2023-03-05_a_16.49.26.png

We've also updated the rules themselves as they were a bit outdated.

- Added a report button directly in the forum! You can click it at the top right of every message that you find inappropriate. Moderators will be able to see all reports in a page and take action accordingly. This should be more convenient than the current manual report process in discord.
If this works well we will extend this feature to report tracks, comments messages in online chat and so on.

Hopefully our efforts will help make MKPC a better and safer place 🤞🏽

So do we need the report topic anymore?
(y'know, the one Nudgy made)
shrugging1
Messages 996 - Mario Mario
vs40823 pts ★ Titan
battle13642 pts ★ Champion
France

So do we need the report topic anymore?

You still can, it can be helpful if you want to add context to the report, or if you think this is important enough to report it in the report topic too, or in Discord.
ok1
Messages 1977 - Golden Mario Golden Mario
vs17790 pts ★ Master
battle8812 pts ★ Expert
Gambia
Wargor wrote:

So do we need the report topic anymore?

You still can, it can be helpful if you want to add context to the report, or if you think this is important enough to report it in the report topic too, or in Discord.

Okay, it's sad that I'm underage and I can't go on discord :s
Well there is 1 more year left until I'm 13 :D
Messages 5047 - King Mario King Mario
vs37852 pts ★ Legend
battle16626 pts ★ Master
Nepal
Wargor wrote:

So do we need the report topic anymore?

You still can, it can be helpful if you want to add context to the report, or if you think this is important enough to report it in the report topic too, or in Discord.

About the discord (if Wargor can do anything about it) im always waiting for have the permission to go on the Discord server, I was banned for underage but now im not and its still the same situation
Messages 5322 - King Mario King Mario
vs46544 pts ★ Titan
battle6798 pts ★ Racer
United Kingdom
Sorry for the up but I feel like MKPC’s forum is still in quite a bad state, which is only getting worse. Spam rates have only increased since the report update, and I feel like we’ve been forgetting about the report feature. We really need to use it more often, to help mods be aware of spam to delete.
thumbsup6
up5
Messages 11139 - King Mario King Mario
vs35065 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
Sorry for the up but I feel like MKPC’s forum is still in quite a bad state, which is only getting worse. Spam rates have only increased since the report update, and I feel like we’ve been forgetting about the report feature. We really need to use it more often, to help mods be aware of spam to delete.

I guess people are too afraid to make the other person mad. About spam, I did report every of Tendo and Tendo alt's messages

Page : 

Back to Various discussions
Back to the forum