/| Mario Kart PC |\

~ Lely's Script Channel ~

smile

Page :  1  ...  11 

Messages 11014 - King Mario King Mario
vs35052 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
So here it is, a new topic, it has been a while since the last one I created. But I want to introduce this stupid yet interesting idea to you. Basically, you know me as Lely, but you also know me as the essay guy, Basically being capable of writing a 1k word long essay about acceptance in society and stuff. Well that's basically what I'm gonna do here. Daily, I'll pick a subject that I'd like to talk about, and I'll do like a YouTube video, but with a script, basically writing essays on a daily basis on different subjects.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's subject will be talking about the BCP. Notably about the Wave 4 that just got out, but also about how much of an improvement it is compared to the three previous waves. I'll treat different subjects but let's start where the BCP even started.

Chapter 1 - BCP Boycott
So it all started back in February 2022, when Nintendo was like : "okay. Do you see this game ? Well here's new tracks to boost it. 48 to be exact. The quantity would be doubled. Here is it. The Booster Course Pass Downloadable Content."
... *birds flying away in the background*
This is amazing, right ? Right ? 😐
Well, the tracks didn't look very good at first sight. They looked cartoony, they looked okay, but nothing was really that stunning. When the trailer got released it became worse, notably with Coconut Mall being lackluster in terms of color palette... many people were dubitative about what's it was gonna be, and in the meanwhile I was crying in the background because at that time I didn't know I'd get the BCP. Anyways let's go on, when it got released, on March 18th...
Chapter 2 : Wave 1, Barbie Course Pass
I'm not joking about that chapter title. When the tracks went out, they looked... eh. I was telling myself they were good, being so happy to get a DLC for once. And I enjoyed playing on new tracks. Yet... When Wave 2 got out, Wave 1 lost all of my love and respect. Paris looked good, and was a nice tribute to my country, however the garden was straight up ugly. That color palette is really bad and everything looked so plasticky. Toad Circuit looks like someone decided to use the map in an art subject to turn it into an unrealistic kind of art. There's just poor MKTV cars... the rest is straight up ugly and looked better in the original. For the 50th track, what a shame ! Choco Mountain looked good, that was a great track. Coconut Mall looked vibrant however, the end is empty, but the rest is really good, it only lacks life in the end. Tokyo Blur isn't bad and definitively an upgrade from Paris but could have been nighttime, also it looks basic, Shroom Ridge is fun but looks really bad, same with Sky Garden, and Ninja Hideaway is amazing. So basically the Wave 1 tracks weren't so bad, but when Wave 2 arrived...
Chapter 3 : Birthday gift
What a time of my life. I had Covid at the time where the Wave was announced. I had all the possible symptoms the first day. Headaches, severe hallucinations, stomach aches, strong nauseas, fever yet feeling cold, feeling sad... yet it made our family more united. Also we were at a mountain campsite so it wasn't that bad, also after the 2nd day I completely recovered. My birthday is on August 2nd. That's the day where my dad told me he'd be gone to a nap for 20 minutes, but ended up being 4 fucking hours (blinds were closed, it was a very hot day and he brought us our favorite meals) while I was watching Karen freakouts videos. What a birthday! I also got the phone that I'm typing with at the moment. But, we were forced to delay my birthday party to August 4th. The day where Wave 2 would release ! I was so happy and it was so good ! It made my summer. The tracks were a crazy improvement, most of them being way better looking, most of the tracks also being funnier to pull off, it was a nice gift, also Sky-High Sundae us overhated tbh, it's still a satisfying track in the end. Anyways, Wave 2 is much more solid with New York Minute and it's beautiful night setting, Mario Circuit 3 being a nice low point and still being better than the previous renditions of that track, Kalimari Desert changing every lap which is so cool, making it a really good track that I used to absolutely despise... then Waluigi Pinball came, a good looking and vibrant version of it, they could have changed it more but it's a fan favorite so... Sydney Sprint being exotic and changing significantly, while having many shortcuts... Snow Land being an awesome revamp with many shortcuts, a nice setting, nice details and a nice layout, Mushroom Gorge ultimate with the best of everything (2 mushrooms only, a cave with every possible path, an easier gap jump, the beginning shortcut) and to end it all Sky-High Sundae !!!
I thought it'd be hard to get better... it wasn't.
Chapter 4 : BERLIN BYWAYS BABY
God, here we come already, Wave 3. So let's say, the Wave was kinda anticipated, with 7 out of 8 correctly guessed tracks during the data mines, and 2 tracks being revealed in October. Although... this announcement hit us. All the tracks looked way better and incredible, especially Rainbow Road or Maple Treeway !!! We were so hyped... the only flaw of this wave was the waiting time. 2 weeks was too much. However, the tracks were still really solid and good ! London Loop felt epic and looked really good, Boo Lake became a true  lake and the water was beautiful, it was a really nice remake. Rock Rock Mountain was the visual low point, but it was really fun, with many shortcuts to pull off and many surfaces to trick off. Maple Treeway looked vibrant, cozy, cute and amazing. It was really fun coming back to it. Berlin Byways slapped so hard lmfao. A very different track each lap, a cool subway passage, a cool riverside passage, a cool highway, a cool park, a cool city passage... I love everything including the music ! Peach Gardens was really good and you could even go in reverse during the last lap ! That was a big surprise for me, but it was a brilliant idea to use this useless path there! Merry Mountain was just fun and fitting the overall ambiance at that time, while Rainbow Road looked amazing, vibrant, colorful, the purest Rainbow texture we've ever got, this was absolutely gorgeous... the tracks were really good ! But...
Chapter 5 : Lately
So a week ago, the Wave 4 just got out... and it's absolutely stunning. Not only because the track quality is good, but also because it's making an improvement. It's what makes the tracks that good. We didn't have to wait that long. The tracks looked gorgeous, there were so much effort put in it. Amsterdam Drift was really fun, varied, looked good and colorful, Riverside Park is on par with the base game with stunning textures and new enemies, while FINALLY HAVING TRUE AND REALISTIC ROCKS !!! Next was DK Summit, another fan favorite. The gap jumps were even easier and funnier ! The half pipes were really nice too. The track didn't change much but it didn't need much, so it's a safe yet solid pick. Next we've got Yoshi Island, the track everybody knew from A to Z, it still surprised a lot, having, so many different environments mixed in one small track... and this track is way better than Sky-High Sundae for example! Bangkok Rush is just amazing, with many different places, notably the BTS (lol) Skytrain, the Railroad Market, the Rooftop Market, the Ganesha statue... overall the track is really good, varied, exotic and fun to pull off. Mario Circuit, even if it's kind of boring in some sense, was never remade, deserved that spot more than Airship Fortress, and they even added a forest section and a Wiggler on lap 3 ! On Waluigi Stadium, they added those funny ramps that you can only access by going to the extremities of the half pipes, and the tired, and the mud just looks amazing, only flaw is the jump losing its glory at the end, but that's it. I still like it ! And on Singapore Speedway there was so much, Marina Bay, the flight, Chinatown, the vibrant color palette, the incredible city background, etc. The track is really varied and fun !
Chapter 6 : Overall
Overall this DLC is worth the price, it's a good method to hype people, something to look forward to, Wave 1 was flop, Wave 2 was really good, then Wave 3 blew up and Wave 4 had us dead. Wave 5... what's it's gonna be ??? Playing the first tracks sounds like yesterday though... also the method of slowly improving is clever marketing, it's really amazing to see they went from Toad Circuit to Singapore Speedway or Riverside Park.. it's almost like you saw someone growing... it's kinda cute.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
And anyways, that will be it for today ! Have a nice day, everyone!
If you wanna see a graphic comparison though... before you go go...

Have a nice day ! ~ 😘
ok2
thumbsup2
smile2
mario_facepalm3
Messages 5322 - King Mario King Mario
vs46435 pts ★ Titan
battle6798 pts ★ Racer
United Kingdom
Lets see how long it takes for you to get burnt out from daily essays
cappy_eyes4
xd5
Messages 1226 - Golden Mario Golden Mario
vs17573 pts ★ Master
battle5983 pts ★ Novice
Philippines
So what's the point of this topic?(Not in a rude way) I dont understand it
Messages 1133 - Golden Mario Golden Mario
vs13264 pts ★ Champion
battle7753 pts ★ Racer
France
La vidéo que Lely a montré est assez intéressante. Là où le DLC a fais des progrès aux niveaux de l'herbe et des rochers. Je trouve que le sable est mieux fait sur 3DS Toad Circuit que sur DS Mario Circuit. Sur Toad Circuit, on laisse des traces dans le sable contrairement à la wave 4. Par contre le sable de MC a une meilleure texture
surprised1
thinking1
Messages 11014 - King Mario King Mario
vs35052 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
Nudge is right, this will probably get shut down in a week lol. Also it's basically choosing a theme to talk about then write a lot about that theme
Messages 11014 - King Mario King Mario
vs35052 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
EUROPIANTA wrote:
StayC_Invu wrote:
Nudge is right, this will probably get shut down in a week lol. Also it's basically choosing a theme to talk about then write a lot about that theme

the same thing happens with fanfics. 90% of the time fanfics get shut down after 2-5 episodes.

Yes that's true, and that's kinda sad :( But I'll do my best to keep up with both this and MY fanfic, I just need more time, I'm not in a fanfic mood nowadays so I guess we'll just have to wait until I have inspiration
Messages 3650 - King Mario King Mario
vs13652 pts ★ Champion
battle5368 pts ★ Novice
United Kingdom
Are we able to do essays/rants here as well as you? Just asking for approval, because boy do I have a lot of things to talk about.
thumbsup1
check1
Messages 5322 - King Mario King Mario
vs46435 pts ★ Titan
battle6798 pts ★ Racer
United Kingdom
Might do one about Minecraft Championships. Depends if I can be bothered.
Messages 3650 - King Mario King Mario
vs13652 pts ★ Champion
battle5368 pts ★ Novice
United Kingdom
Alright since I have approval, I’m going to start with something I absolutely dread. Roblox stories. They’re mainly on Youtube, TikTok and Youtube Shorts, they’re stories that use static Roblox avatars and some text to speech voices that get stale fast. These stories are often incredibly predictable and lack suspense, passion or surprise. It’s always the same plot line, some guy/girl leaves another guy/girl because they earned a large amount of Robux that would cause bankruptcy, or because they found another friend with Robux they’re going to use for Robux. I could continue the story but gosh damn is the plot so stale, I’m not even going to tell you guys to watch one. I don’t recommend it.

Next on our list is TikTok as a whole. TikTokers can throw their entire dignity away for clout. They fake disorders, get controversial because they’re a PNGtuber (back in the days of 2021/2022) or because they say messed up shit. I have no clue why they do this but it’s terrible and you should never do it. It’s just incredibly repulsive. These weren’t that long of a rant, but expect more because I’ll get more topics on my hands another time.
thumbsup4
Messages 141 - Buzzy Beetle Buzzy Beetle
vs30239 pts ★ Legend
battle5132 pts ★ Novice
France
The DLC is cool (especially Wave 4 that also changed the meta) but the major thing that annoys me is that... they are adding content to a 2014 game, I'm loosing hope about Nintendo making a new TRUE Mario kart on console

I don't consider MKT to be a real Mario Kart, because it's much different compared to the other MK games that came on console

I'm still waiting for a MK9 or something, a Mario Kart that will be completely different from MK8 yet having the features that everyone likes, like GP, Time Traisl, Battles, Online with VR grind etc
thumbsup3
Messages 1563 - Golden Mario Golden Mario
vs9565 pts ★ Expert
battle5000 pts ★ Novice
United States
Anthcny wrote:
The DLC is cool (especially Wave 4 that also changed the meta) but the major thing that annoys me is that... they are adding content to a 2014 game

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Was From 2017 Not 2014
mario_dead2
Messages 11014 - King Mario King Mario
vs35052 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
Coopa2-64 wrote:
Anthcny wrote:
The DLC is cool (especially Wave 4 that also changed the meta) but the major thing that annoys me is that... they are adding content to a 2014 game

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Was From 2017 Not 2014

That's not the point, the original mechanics, karts, and stuff, were from 2014 in their first appearance ; he means that he's waiting for a whole new game with a new gimmick, new items, new karts, new nitro races, a new feel etc.
thumbsup4
blush1
Messages 2170 - Golden Mario Golden Mario
vs5325 pts ★ Novice
battle5601 pts ★ Novice
United States
Blue_Hour wrote:
Coopa2-64 wrote:
Anthcny wrote:
The DLC is cool (especially Wave 4 that also changed the meta) but the major thing that annoys me is that... they are adding content to a 2014 game

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Was From 2017 Not 2014

That's not the point, the original mechanics, karts, and stuff, were from 2014 in their first appearance ; he means that he's waiting for a whole new game with a new gimmick, new items, new karts, new nitro races, a new feel etc.

Took the words outta my mouth
sweat1
Messages 141 - Buzzy Beetle Buzzy Beetle
vs30239 pts ★ Legend
battle5132 pts ★ Novice
France
Coopa2-64 wrote:
Anthcny wrote:
The DLC is cool (especially Wave 4 that also changed the meta) but the major thing that annoys me is that... they are adding content to a 2014 game

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Was From 2017 Not 2014

MK8 was from 2014, that's what I meant, Mk8 and MK8D are very different games but they come from the same, so I consider MK8D a bit like a massive DLC for MK8
Messages 141 - Buzzy Beetle Buzzy Beetle
vs30239 pts ★ Legend
battle5132 pts ★ Novice
France
Fiery wrote:
Alright since I have approval, I’m going to start with something I absolutely dread. Roblox stories. They’re mainly on Youtube, TikTok and Youtube Shorts, they’re stories that use static Roblox avatars and some text to speech voices that get stale fast. These stories are often incredibly predictable and lack suspense, passion or surprise. It’s always the same plot line, some guy/girl leaves another guy/girl because they earned a large amount of Robux that would cause bankruptcy, or because they found another friend with Robux they’re going to use for Robux. I could continue the story but gosh damn is the plot so stale, I’m not even going to tell you guys to watch one. I don’t recommend it.

Next on our list is TikTok as a whole. TikTokers can throw their entire dignity away for clout. They fake disorders, get controversial because they’re a PNGtuber (back in the days of 2021/2022) or because they say messed up shit. I have no clue why they do this but it’s terrible and you should never do it. It’s just incredibly repulsive. These weren’t that long of a rant, but expect more because I’ll get more topics on my hands another time.

Don't go on Tiktok unless you're mentally prepared 😍😍
thumbsup2
Messages 3650 - King Mario King Mario
vs13652 pts ★ Champion
battle5368 pts ★ Novice
United Kingdom
Anthcny wrote:
Fiery wrote:
Alright since I have approval, I’m going to start with something I absolutely dread. Roblox stories. They’re mainly on Youtube, TikTok and Youtube Shorts, they’re stories that use static Roblox avatars and some text to speech voices that get stale fast. These stories are often incredibly predictable and lack suspense, passion or surprise. It’s always the same plot line, some guy/girl leaves another guy/girl because they earned a large amount of Robux that would cause bankruptcy, or because they found another friend with Robux they’re going to use for Robux. I could continue the story but gosh damn is the plot so stale, I’m not even going to tell you guys to watch one. I don’t recommend it.

Next on our list is TikTok as a whole. TikTokers can throw their entire dignity away for clout. They fake disorders, get controversial because they’re a PNGtuber (back in the days of 2021/2022) or because they say messed up shit. I have no clue why they do this but it’s terrible and you should never do it. It’s just incredibly repulsive. These weren’t that long of a rant, but expect more because I’ll get more topics on my hands another time.

Don't go on Tiktok unless you're mentally prepared 😍😍

I didn’t go on it I just used Ancheeto (idk if thats the correct name) for the tiktok part and koofy for the roblox stories
thumbsup1
Messages 11014 - King Mario King Mario
vs35052 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
While TikTok is shit, it's also some of the user's fault. They made this site bad. They used it wrong. Some of the videos you can find are really questionable. Although some videos can be interesting and good. Everything depends on the user, although TikTok isn't really good (it's even pretty bad) in the first place.
thumbsup2
Messages 141 - Buzzy Beetle Buzzy Beetle
vs30239 pts ★ Legend
battle5132 pts ★ Novice
France
Invu wrote:
While TikTok is shit, it's also some of the user's fault. They made this site bad. They used it wrong. Some of the videos you can find are really questionable. Although some videos can be interesting and good. Everything depends on the user, although TikTok isn't really good (it's even pretty bad) in the first place.

TikTok is actually okay once you're out of the toxic / sexualized content

It's not a joke: when I first installed the application, the algorithm was only showing videos that were extremely sexually-focused, and that's absolutely disgusting
I managed to get content that I like by following people I like so the app finally understood I wasn't into sex stuff and so stopped showing me videos about that, but by default TikTok really seems to promote videos that only adults and mature people should be allowed to watch

Oh and I should mention that I'm not a TikTok hater, the way the algorithm is just very immoral, I used it for a while but I ended not using it anymore because there were too many drama stuff, and I'm not into that anymore
thumbsup3
clap2
Messages 11014 - King Mario King Mario
vs35052 pts ★ Legend
battle6102 pts ★ Racer
France
Anthcny wrote:
Invu wrote:
While TikTok is shit, it's also some of the user's fault. They made this site bad. They used it wrong. Some of the videos you can find are really questionable. Although some videos can be interesting and good. Everything depends on the user, although TikTok isn't really good (it's even pretty bad) in the first place.

TikTok is actually okay once you're out of the toxic / sexualized content

It's not a joke: when I first installed the application, the algorithm was only showing videos that were extremely sexually-focused, and that's absolutely disgusting
I managed to get content that I like by following people I like so the app finally understood I wasn't into sex stuff and so stopped showing me videos about that, but by default TikTok really seems to promote videos that only adults and mature people should be allowed to watch

Oh and I should mention that I'm not a TikTok hater, the way the algorithm is just very immoral, I used it for a while but I ended not using it anymore because there were too many drama stuff, and I'm not into that anymore

Exactly. The other day we were scrolling with my friend, there was nothing weird going on. However when I saw what my cousin was scrolling through... That wasn't quite the same thing. The problem is that you need to get out of the toxic content and it can be hard at times.
Messages 3650 - King Mario King Mario
vs13652 pts ★ Champion
battle5368 pts ★ Novice
United Kingdom
EUROPIANTA wrote:
Anthcny wrote:
Invu wrote:
While TikTok is shit, it's also some of the user's fault. They made this site bad. They used it wrong. Some of the videos you can find are really questionable. Although some videos can be interesting and good. Everything depends on the user, although TikTok isn't really good (it's even pretty bad) in the first place.

TikTok is actually okay once you're out of the toxic / sexualized content

It's not a joke: when I first installed the application, the algorithm was only showing videos that were extremely sexually-focused, and that's absolutely disgusting
I managed to get content that I like by following people I like so the app finally understood I wasn't into sex stuff and so stopped showing me videos about that, but by default TikTok really seems to promote videos that only adults and mature people should be allowed to watch

Oh and I should mention that I'm not a TikTok hater, the way the algorithm is just very immoral, I used it for a while but I ended not using it anymore because there were too many drama stuff, and I'm not into that anymore

meanwhile the chinese version:p

Everything that has a seperate Chinese version is…

Page :  1  ...  11 

Back to International forum
Back to the forum